Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 17th June 2019. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for a maximum of two (2) posts.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of academic documents, their original certificates including the Degree Transcript and Certificates, a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Preparing and updating environmental investigation and impact assessment reports;
- Participating in the design of environmental protection systems, restoration plans, air pollution control systems, and waste management procedures;
- Obtaining, updating, and maintaining plans, permits, and standard operating procedures for the sector;
- Participating in the review of engineering designs so as to ensure compliance with environmental, health and safety standards;
- Participating in the development and implementation of management plans and systems, Standards, Policies, pollution control plans, procedures and codes of practice, decommissioning and restoration plans in the sector;
- Participating in inspections, technical audits, research and training so as to enforce compliance in the sector in collaboration with other Lead Agencies;
- Contributing to the development of budgets and work plans for the Unit;
- Preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports for the Unit;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.