THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Kampala Capital City Authority
(KCCA) who were dully appointed and confirmed in Service by the respective Service Commissions to fill vacant promotional posts in KCCA. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than 16th August 2019. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) On-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Executive Director KCCA. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Note: In the event that the applicant is for any justifiable reason(s) not able to obtain the recommendation of the Executive Director or his/her designated Officer, the applicant should state the reason(s) on the form and thereafter submit the application without the recommendation. The issues arising shall be considered at the time of conducting oral interviews.
i) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
ii) Click on register as a new user to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click Apply now
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can apply for a maximum of two posts in this advert clearly indicating the 1st and 2nd choice at the point of submitting your second application.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mails.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) The PSC Website is the only authentic source of information for reference regarding this Advert.
f) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the Institutional matters;
- Supervising and conducting KCCA litigation in courts of Law and other adjudicating fora in line with the applicable Laws, the Human Resource Management Manual (HRMM) and the Advocates guidelines;
- Drafting and preparing legal documents and reviewing draft legislation in accordance with management and council decisions;
- Developing and reviewing strategies for the KCCA’s litigation advocacy efforts (Already in DD Litigation) and evaluating impact of the function on the Departments work plan and objectives;
- Negotiating out of court settlements on behalf of KCCA and generating reports in line with the HRMM and professional guidelines. (Already in DD Litigation);
- Conducting research on legal matters, interpreting laws, advising and guiding KCCA on any Legal Matters;
- Receiving and disseminating information and services of legal documents and preparing responses in accordance with the KCCA Act and other relevant laws;
- Developing, supervising and implementing the Legal structures, systems and processes in line with the Directorate’s score card;
- Managing the performance and development of staff in line with the Human Resource Management Manual (HRMM), and management decisions;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.