THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, serving Public Officers in Kampala Capital City Authority
(KCCA) who were dully appointed and confirmed in Service by the respective Service Commissions to fill vacant promotional posts in KCCA. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than 16th August 2019. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) On-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Executive Director KCCA. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
Note: In the event that the applicant is for any justifiable reason(s) not able to obtain the recommendation of the Executive Director or his/her designated Officer, the applicant should state the reason(s) on the form and thereafter submit the application without the recommendation. The issues arising shall be considered at the time of conducting oral interviews.
i) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
ii) Click on register as a new user to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click Apply now
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can apply for a maximum of two posts in this advert clearly indicating the 1st and 2nd choice at the point of submitting your second application.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mails.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) The PSC Website is the only authentic source of information for reference regarding this Advert.
f) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail email@example.com
- Developing and implementing procurement plans for goods, works and services for effective functioning of KCCA in line with the procurement policy and procedures;
- Developing and delivering a procurement strategy and ensuring compliance across KCCA in order to deliver the set benefit and financial savings;
- Establishing and creating awareness of procurement processes and systems based on best practices initiatives which are compliant with the procurement laws, for effective procurement across KCCA aimed at improving services delivery to stakeholders;
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers/items in line with KCCA’s procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Developing, interpreting and implementing procurement procedural manuals, and policies in relation to the procurement of goods, works and services, and ensuring compliance with government and development partners’ procurement laws and guidelines;
- Supervising and managing complex bid processes including vendors to be solicited, requesting for proposals, evaluations and award of contracts to ensure transparency and fairness in the tendering/procurement process;
- Coordinating and supporting the functioning of Contracts Committee;
- Developing and implementing a procurement monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with KCCA’s objectives;
- Managing performance of staff under direct supervision in accordance with the Performance Management guidelines;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.