Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 29/9/2020. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i) Visit the website
ii) Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications on-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
e) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Undertaking policy analysis, monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of policy and legislative implementation;
- Developing monitoring and evaluation indicators and framework for monitoring compliance;
- Developing Monitoring and Evaluating plans, programmes and projects to ensure that the Ministry’s concerns are addressed and are in accordance with the National Development Plan and the Ministry’s Strategic Plan;
- Compiling and submitting periodic reports and providing information on the Ministry’s performance;
- Participating in preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports and any other reports for the Ministry;
- Participating in strategic planning process, and proving technical guidance during planning, budgeting and guiding in identification of realistic annual and quarterly targets, goals and indicators;
- Managing the resource mobilization function through proposals development and continuously seeking innovative means of attracting resources;
- Providing technical support in data compilation, cleaning and sorting, surveys, data clarity and timely submission;
- Developing data collection tools suitable for collecting relevant information and data that is useful across all Departments;
- Developing in -house evaluation tools, data collection tools and undertaking analysis of data derived from such tools with the view of assessing performance;
- Participating in evaluation process including mid-term and final reviews of long term and short-term plans;
- Conducting periodic field visits in conjunction with relevant Departmental Heads so as to assess progress and prepare reports on the Ministry’s performance;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.