THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 2nd December, 2020. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Assisting in examining correctness of payment requests, completeness of documentation and certifying requisitions or transactions for further processing;
- Assisting in verifying receipts, matching and undertaking on-line reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments;
- Assisting in compiling accountability returns, verifying and retiring advance ledgers;
- Assisting in maintaining primary financial records and up-to-date Books of Accounts;
- Assisting in preparing periodic reconciliations of financial statements and carrying out monthly Cash Book reconciliation for bank statements;
- Assisting in verifying payroll change requests and reports so as to ensure correctness of computations, payments and deductions; certifying and following up approval and payment to beneficiaries;
- Updating functional support to Public Finance Management (PFM) system;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.