PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies under Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA). Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than 7th June 2021. The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE
b) Scan and submit relevantly documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree Certificates, Academic Transcripts and Professional Documents, copies of letters of employment) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from their Responsible Officers. They should then scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
e) In case of failure to obtain a recommendation from the Responsible Officer, the extract should still be submitted clearly indicating the reason(s) for the missing recommendation.
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the biodata moving downwards.
c) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile.
d) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
e) View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
f) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB.: You are allowed to apply for only ONE post
a) Only online applications will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, (‘O’, ‘A’ Level and Degree), Degree academic transcripts, letters of employment, National Identity Cards and letters from Referees during the Oral Interviews.
d) Candidates who will not hear from the Public Service Commission, (PSC) by the end of the Exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
e) Failure to comply with any of the instructions above, will lead to automatic disqualification without any further notice.
f) The details of the Job Advert can be accessed and viewed on the e-recruitment system at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
g) In case of any inquiry, contact the Secretary, PSC on Tel. No. 0414 254271 or 0414 342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Managing special projects assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or Director Treasury Services
2. Working across Divisions with the Town clerks, different Division functions and Mayors to coordinate interpretation of financial results and the monitoring of Division financial budget
3. Keeping the Town Clerk informed on the status of all financial matters relating to the Division.
4. Verifying and assessing budgeting process and working closely with the Division team in developing their annual budgets in line with the budget call circular released by the Directorate of Treasury Services.
5. Working with the Manager Financial Accounting and Manager Management Accounting to assure the efficiency and timeliness of payments, budgeting, cost controls and financial reporting.
6. Supporting the Town Clerk in analyzing new and existing programs and rendering financial advice which will contribute to the delivery of services to Division in a cost-effective manner.
7. Preparing and presenting Divisional financial and statistical reports to the Town Clerk, Treasury team and the relevant Division Committees.
8. Fine-tuning activity-based costing so that each Department understands how their resources are being allocated and utilized
9. Analyzing and interpreting monthly Divisional operations and proactively investigating variances from plan and recommending or implementing corrective plans where necessary.
10. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.