PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 24th January, 2022.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to automatic disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Providing technical support in the operationalization of the E-services function;
- Assisting in the operationalization and application of E-services to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Undertaking the provision of technical support on E-services, policies, strategies, procedures and other ICT related issues;
- Undertaking the monitoring and evaluation of the progress and performance of E-services and identifying alternative solutions;
- Undertaking the implementation of Departmental Workplans and Reports;
- Undertaking technical initiatives in regard to E-services and other related ICT activities;
- Operationalizing implementations of hardware and software initiatives to ensure proper functioning and maintenance of ICT equipment across Government;
- Undertaking programs to promote harmonized development and implementation of E-services and related ICT systems;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.