PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 24th January, 2022.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to automatic disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Assisting in the formulation and review of water resources policies, laws, regulation and standards related to national and transboundary water resources use and protection;
- Assisting in coordination planning for water use including development of scenarios for various water resources developments at national and basin/zonal levels;
- Participating in development, review and implementation of national water resources use and allocation plans;
- Participating in the development, review and implementation of strategies and plans for regulation of dams and reservoirs for optimum water resources use;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of dam safety and management strategies in collaboration with relevant stakeholders;
- Participating in administration and issuance of national water use and services permits;
- Assisting in maintaining and operating a database for water permits on issues related to permit applicants, permits issuance, payment of permit application fees;
- Participating in provision of technical advice, support, supervision and training to stakeholders engaged in use and management of water resources;
- Developing and implementing strategies for maintenance of water reservoirs and lakes;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.