PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 24th January, 2022.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to automatic disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Formulating and reviewing policies and guidelines on community mobilisation in the water sector;
- Providing technical advice and supervising Local Government Personnel and Private Sector actors engaged in community mobilization activities;
- Networking with relevant stakeholders (Ministries of Health, Gender, Labour and Social Development, Education and Sports, NGOs, Private and others) in monitoring the use of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials and impact tracking;
- Monitoring, evaluating and regulating the implementation of community mobilization and integration of gender strategy in water sector activities;
- Planning, budgeting and implementing all social and gender mainstreaming activities in the Directorate;
- Documenting reform and software experiences learnt in the sector for use in decision making subsequent;
- Coordinating and supporting other Sociologists in the Directorate and Technical Support Units (TSUs);
- Participating in networking and management of the Directorate;
- Supervising Sociologists assigned in the Department and the Directorate;
- Designing of terms of reference for outsourcing social and gender related services at central level;
- Ensuring integration of gender issues in all sub-sector component programmes;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.