THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments dully appointed and confirmed by the Appointing National and Local Service Commissions to fill vacant posts. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than Thursday 21st April, 2022. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed and viewed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
ii) Click on ‘register as a new user’ to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click ‘Apply now’
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You should apply for only one post.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them, their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters of Referees during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Supporting the formulation of policies, laws, standards and guidelines on wildlife conservation;
- Supporting implementation of plans, strategies, programmes and projects on wildlife conservation;
- Supporting the collection, analysis and dissemination of information on wildlife conservation;
- Supporting the mainstreaming and integration of wildlife conservation issues into MDAs and Local Government Policies, Plans and Programs;
- Supporting the negotiation and implementation of Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) on wildlife conservation;
- Supporting implementation of regional and international collaboration on wildlife conservation and management;
- Supporting Statutory, Trust Agencies, Civil Society and Private Sector on wildlife conservation;
- Supporting the monitoring of civil society activities in wildlife conservation;
- Supporting the development of human resource capacity in wildlife conservation;
- Supporting the preparation of departmental work plans, budgets and reports;
- Providing support in the management the human, financial and physical resources of the Department;
- Supporting the Monitoring and evaluation of polices, laws, standards and guidelines on wildlife conservation;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.