THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments dully appointed and confirmed by the Appointing National and Local Service Commissions to fill vacant posts. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than Tuesday 17th May 2022. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed and viewed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Instructions to Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level Certificate, A’ Level Certificate , Degree and Post Graduate Certificates and Transcripts, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i) Visit the website
ii) Click on ‘register as a new user’ to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click ‘Apply now’
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You should apply for only one post.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them, their original certificates namely; “O” Level and “A Level”, Degree and Post Graduate qualifications, letters of employment, National Identity Cards during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years i.e 2018/19, 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Financial Management, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Change Management, Planning, Organizing and Coordination, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Public Relations, Political acuity, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Managing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of national policies, programmes, Council decisions and projects in the City Council;
- Advising Council on technical, administrative and legal matters pertaining to the management of the City Council;
- Coordinating the preparation of City Council plans, budgets and reports;
- Managing the acquisition, utilisation, maintenance and accountability for the human, financial and physical resources of the City Council;
- Supervising and evaluating performance of staff in the City Council;
- Enhancing the collaboration linkages with other Local Councils and organization both within and outside City Council on matters pertaining to development;
- Carrying out the role of public relations and promoting a good image of the City Council;
- Managing and facilitating collection of revenue within the Council;
- Mobilizing urban community for development purposes;
- Supporting proper physical planning for the City Council and approval of structural plans;
- Representing the City Council on technical matters before stakeholders;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.