THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments dully appointed and confirmed by the Appointing National and Local Service Commissions to fill vacant posts. Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than Tuesday 17th May 2022. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed and viewed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Instructions to Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level Certificate, A’ Level Certificate , Degree and Post Graduate Certificates and Transcripts, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i) Visit the website
ii) Click on ‘register as a new user’ to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click ‘Apply now’
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You should apply for only one post.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them, their original certificates namely; “O” Level and “A Level”, Degree and Post Graduate qualifications, letters of employment, National Identity Cards during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years i.e 2018/19, 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Financial Management, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Change Management, Planning, Organizing and Coordination, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Public Relations, Political acuity, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Supervising administration within the City Council;
- Advising, monitoring and evaluating the effective implementation of Council resolutions, development projects and programmes in the City Council;
- Interpreting Local Governments legislation pertaining to the administration of City Council;
- Coordinating the provision of ICT administrative support services to City Council;
- Coordinating the provision of records management services in the City Council;
- Supervising the effective implementation of council resolutions, social services and service delivery within the division;
- Managing the utilization and safe custody of City Council assets and records;
- Supervising and appraising staff of Administration Department;
- Preparing plans, budgets and reports for the Administration Department;
- Facilitating the implementation of City Council policies, by laws and regulations within the department;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.