PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 20th March 2023.
In line with Statutory Instrument No. 29 of 2021 on mainstreaming the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) Staff, the Common Cadre positions under Finance and Administration have been reflected under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. At the time of issuing Instruments of Appointment, such Staff shall be reflected under the respective Common Cadre Parent Ministries in line with the existing policies and procedures
1. Mandatory requirements for Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, and ‘A’ Level Certificates, Degree Transcript and Certificates).
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
2. Application Process:
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit it.
h) You can only apply for two (2) positions in the advert.
3. Emphasis: -
a) Only on-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level Certificates, Degree Transcripts and Certificates) and a Valid Identity Card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
4. Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Developing and reviewing construction guidelines and Technical Hand Books of the Ministry in line with the nationally approved standards and guidelines;
- Developing technical plans and specifications for the Ministry’s infrastructure development projects in line with the approved National Standards;
- Carrying out technical audits of civil/structural project proposals to ensure adherence to structural design integrity and safety, and that any deviations are formally approved;
- Ensuring maintenance of the Ministry’s physical infrastructure, machines and equipment through preparation of maintenance plans, programs, schedules and budgets;
- Monitoring and evaluating implementation of the institutions civil works projects with site teams to ensure adherence to design projects specifications and required standards;
- Providing technical guidance and support during preparation, procurement and execution of contractual agreements for contractors and service providers in line with the Departmental mandate;
- Organizing inspection audits of the Ministry’s estate and securing environment in which to live, work and study in line with the institution’s health, safety and security policies, procedures and guidelines;
- Certifying payments of contractors upon satisfactory performance;
- Coordinating the development and presenting the Departmental work plans and budgets to the relevant authorities;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.