PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 20th March 2023.
In line with Statutory Instrument No. 29 of 2021 on mainstreaming the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) Staff, the Common Cadre positions under Finance and Administration have been reflected under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. At the time of issuing Instruments of Appointment, such Staff shall be reflected under the respective Common Cadre Parent Ministries in line with the existing policies and procedures
1. Mandatory requirements for Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, and ‘A’ Level Certificates, Degree Transcript and Certificates).
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
2. Application Process:
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit it.
h) You can only apply for two (2) positions in the advert.
3. Emphasis: -
a) Only on-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level Certificates, Degree Transcripts and Certificates) and a Valid Identity Card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
4. Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Organizing and implementing public relations programs which promote good of the Civil Service College Uganda (CSCU) and that of the Ministry;
- Arranging for press conferences, articles, press releases, radio and T.V Programs;
- Participating in publicity cover for Civil Service College Uganda (CSCU) ceremonies, occasions and events; and those of the Ministry;
- Participating in the conduct of market surveys on the viability and distribution opportunities;
- Participating in the conduct of surveys on public opinion about the programs and products of the Civil Service College Uganda (CSCU) and performance of the Ministry;
- Drafting content for dissemination to the public for consideration by the Supervisor;
- Forging beneficial linkages with other institutions in respect of Marketing and Branding;
- Designing material or programs that project and promote positive image of the Civil Service College Uganda (CSCU) and the Ministry to the public through various platforms;
- Supervising, mentoring, coaching, counselling staff and appraising lower level staff of the Unit;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.