THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans both serving Public Officers in Ministries/Departments/Agencies and Local Governments and Applicants from outside the Public Service to fill vacant posts. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 21st August 2018 The link to the e-recruitment system can be accessed through the Public Service Commission website www.psc.go.ug .
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) On-line;
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed;
d) For serving Officers, print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) off the system and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officer. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i. Visit the website www.psc.go.ug Go to Job line and click Apply On-line;
ii. If you already have an Account on the system, log in and update your profile accordingly;
iii. For new Users, register first then log in;
iv. Complete your profile (starting with the Bio data moving downwards);
v. View Available Advert and the jobs therein;
vi. Click on a Job from the list of advertised jobs;
vii. View the Job Details and Click Apply;
viii. Review your application and SUBMIT.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered;
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of academic documents, their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment during the Oral Interviews;
d) Serving Officers should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisals for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews;
e) Each applicant is allowed to apply for a maximum of two (2) posts;
f) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Permanent Secretary in performing the following duties:-
- Formulating and implementing policies, laws, standards, plans and strategies for sustainable exploitation of fisheries resources;
- Transferring improved fish production technologies to service providers, processors, traders and consumers;
- Providing quality assurance of advisory services on fish production, value addition and trade;
- Monitoring production productivity of the natural fisheries resources;
- Supporting use of improved fish fry and appropriate fisheries stocking materials for sustainable fisheries development and management;
- Surveilling for both capture and aquaculture through national and co-management arrangements;
- Establishing, operationalizing and maintaining an up to date national database on fisheries activities;
- Strengthening Human and institutional capacity for effective service delivery and fisheries management and development;
- Supporting monitoring, inspection, evaluation and harmonization of national programs and projects in the fisheries sub sector;
- Mobilizing resources and assistance for the fisheries sub sector;
- Establishing and strengthening frameworks for linkages and collaboration with National, Regional, and International stakeholders to enhance sustainability in fisheries development and management;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.