Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 17th June 2019. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors/
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for a maximum of two (2) posts.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of academic documents, their original certificates including the Degree Transcript and Certificates, a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Identifying possible offenders for community service orders;
- Carrying out pre-sentence inquiries to provide courts with the relevant information to guide sentencing decisions;
- Inducting offenders about community service orders so as to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and obligations;
- Identifying placement institutions and seeking out opportunities for work projects that can enhance rehabilitation;
- Assessing suitability for institution or project placement and matching offender skills to an appropriate institution or project;
- Following up offenders both at placement institutions and home enhance compliance and providing psychosocial support during and after sentence to foster the reintegration and rehabilitation process;
- Taking appropriate and timely enforcement action where an offender fails to comply with the requirements of the order;
- Conducting reconciliation between the offender, victim and the community;
- Making appropriate referrals to address offender-specific needs;
- Conducting training for key stakeholders;
- Providing technical support to stakeholders;
- Compiling and updating case management documentation;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.