THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 2nd December, 2020. The e-recruitment system can be accessed on
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them certified copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Assisting in planning, implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality System of the National Reference and Regional laboratories in conformance with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO / IEC 17025) and other international standards;
- Assisting in planning, coordinating, preparation and maintenance of controlled management system documents both internal and external origin, and their documents for compliance to (ISO/IEC 17025) and other international standards;
- Participating in formulating and reviewing quality policies, laws, regulations and strategies. Reviewing and updating of guidelines and standard operating procedures for all activities in the Reference, regional and satellite Laboratories.
- Assisting in planning, organizing, conducting and controlling internal quality audits, dealing with non-conformities, monitoring and evaluation of corrective and preventive actions and complaints including regular checks and audit of water / waste treatment facilities, laboratories (National Reference Laboratory, Regional Laboratories and Satellite Laboratories, Institutional, etc.)
- Participating in all laboratory quality assurance programmes and participating in competencies/ proficiency testing of laboratories with other institutions, countries, and with international (GEMS water, Aqua check UK, SANAS) trans-boundary water quality focal laboratories;
- Participating in planning and reviewing resources needs for implementation, maintenance and improvement of the Quality System and Water Safety Plan for Risk Management;
- Assisting in assessment of performance of testing laboratories, water and waste water treatment facilities. Providing periodic and situational reports advising on solutions, risk management and corrective actions.
- Assisting in organizing meetings in accordance with ISO 17025 and other international standards, and preparing reports for submission;
- Participating in liaising with Heads of laboratories and field operations to organize for equipment calibrations, standardization, proficiency testing, inter-laboratory testing, external assessments and accreditation, thereafter maintenance of the accreditation status;
- Carrying out education and training in the area of Quality system in testing laboratories, water safety planning and total quality management;
- Participating in Quality assurance and inspection operations of water testing laboratories in the Country for health and safety in workplaces, common analytical protocols / standard operating procedures;