THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified serving Public Officers, dully appointed and confirmed by Appointing National Service Commissions in Ministries and Local Governments, to fill Vacant Posts. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than Wednesday 6th January, 2021. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree and Professional Documents, copies of letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officer. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
i) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug
ii) Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards.
iii) If you already have an account simply sign in and update your profile.
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”.
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. You can only apply for one post.
Please Note: -
a) Only applications on-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified through their e-mail addresses.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates, transcripts, letters of employment and a National Identity Card during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Applicants should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date for Oral Interviews.
e) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Human Resource Officer for performing the following duties: -
- Implementing Ministry of Public Service and Public Service Commission Guidelines/Regulations/Policies;
- Conducting Training Needs Assessment for staff;
- Compiling data on manpower gaps;
- Implementing staff welfare programs;
- Compiling payroll management data;
- Implementing and updating Human Resource Management information;
- Preparing submissions for pension and gratuity;
- Implementing staff performance management plans and activities;
- Supervising and appraising junior staff in the Human Resource Management Division/Section/Unit;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.