PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 24th January, 2022.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE;
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, ‘A’ Level, Degree Transcript and Certificates only);
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit.
h) You can only apply for one (1) post. Applying for more than one (1) post will lead to automatic disqualification.
a) Only On-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level certificates, the Degree Transcript and Certificates) and a valid identify card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Participating in monitoring the utilization and use of the Public ICT infrastructure by Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of performance of the National Internet Exchange point;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluation of development of Data Networks on the Public Postal network;
- Participating in monitoring and evaluating operation of Public Data Centres;
- Participating in provision of technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of legislations; policies, plans and strategies on data networks,
- Participating in generation of reports on Data Networks from Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments to support development of Policies, Standards and Guidelines;
- Participating in provision of technical support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of new Data Network technologies;
- Participating in development of Data Network specification to support Ministries, Departments, Agencies and Local Governments in implementation of Institutional ICT Policies, standards and guidelines
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.