THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in the Public Service.
Applications should be filled and submitted ON-LINE not later than 6th June, 2022. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at http://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
1. Mandatory Instructions to Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents on-line.
c) Attach relevant documents namely; “O” and “A” Level Certificates, Bachelor’s and Post Graduate (where applicable), Degree Transcripts and Certificates as well as Employment letters for posts where working experience is required.
d) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
e) Officers serving in the Public Service are required to print an Extract of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online.
2. Application Process
i) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
ii) Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. Applicants are allowed to apply for only one post
3. Please Note: -
a) Only applications submitted on-line shall be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along with them their original certificates of “O” and “A” level, Degree and Post Graduate (where applicable) transcripts and Certificates as well as letters of employment for positions where working experience is required plus National Identity Cards during the Oral Interviews.
d) Short listed Officers serving in the Public Service should ensure that their Staff Performance Appraisal reports / Forms for the last three (3) Financial Years are submitted to the Commission before the date of Oral Interviews.
e) Applicants who will not be contacted upon completion of the Selection Exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail email@example.com
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Policy Development, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Applying a range of research techniques to gather relevant information, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews;
- Undertaking thorough and comprehensive literature reviews and adopting best practices in conducting education related research;
- Participating in the development of electronic databases to gather and analyze data.
- Collating and analyzing data using statistical and analytical models to find patterns that may reveal opportunities to improve the education sector and inform policy making.
- Compiling information drawn from data to help decision makers, prepare research reports and presentations, to provide insights on what the data reveals to facilitate decision-making.
- Designing methods and strategies to capture, store and manage data;
- Collecting and analyzing data on demographics, customer preferences, market needs and consumer business habits in the education sector;
- Examining data and running simulations to identify patterns that may reveal future trends in the education market and sector;
- Collecting data from various sources, including internally from workers with specialized knowledge or who experience an issue needing a solution;
- Curating and logging all research reports, internal and external, to ensure a high-level view of significant findings and trends;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.