PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
GRADUATE RECRUITMENT EXERCISE (GRE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant posts currently available in Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies. Applications should be filled ON-LINE not later than 20th March 2023.
In line with Statutory Instrument No. 29 of 2021 on mainstreaming the Rural Electrification Agency (REA) Staff, the Common Cadre positions under Finance and Administration have been reflected under the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development. At the time of issuing Instruments of Appointment, such Staff shall be reflected under the respective Common Cadre Parent Ministries in line with the existing policies and procedures
1. Mandatory requirements for Applicants: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan, attach and submit on-line recent passport size photograph and relevant documents
(‘O’ Level, and ‘A’ Level Certificates, Degree Transcript and Certificates).
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only Portable Document Format (PDF) is allowed;
2. Application Process:
a) Visit the website https://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors
b) Click and Register as a new User to create your account and complete your profile (starting with your bio data moving downwards).
c) If you already have an account, simply sign in and update your profile.
d) Click on Jobs then Advertised Jobs in the menu. Select the Advert to view the jobs therein.
e) Click on the job from the list of advertised jobs.
f) View the job details and click apply.
g) Review your application and submit it.
h) You can only apply for two (2) positions in the advert.
3. Emphasis: -
a) Only on-line applications on the e-recruitment system will be considered.
b) Candidates shortlisted for Interviews will be contacted.
c) Candidates shortlisted for Oral Interviews shall be required to bring along with them copies of original academic documents (O and A level Certificates, Degree Transcripts and Certificates) and a Valid Identity Card.
d) Serving Officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered for entry level posts under this GRE advert;
e) Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection process should consider themselves unsuccessful.
f) In case of any inquiry, call Tel. No.0414-237671 or 0414-254271 or 0414-342279 or send an e-mail to
4. Applicants should, among others, have the following competencies:
Ethics and integrity; interpersonal, communication and computer skills; ability to adapt to multi-cultural settings; effective organizational and planning skills; time management skills; technical skills; report writing skills; negotiation skills; capacity for teamwork; innovation and concern for results, quality and standards.
- Assisting in the management of national climate change actions (Mitigation and Adaptation) in Uganda;
- Assisting in monitoring the implementation of mitigation and adaptation activities and updating the relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting in providing technical support on climate change issues;
- Assisting in the initiation development and review of appropriate policies, laws and programs necessary to ensure effective implementation of adaptation and mitigation activities;
- Participating in guiding implementation of adopted policies as well as decisions made by the relevant bodies of Government;
- Acting as the National Focal Point for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and its Kyoto Protocol (KP), and other national regional and international collaborations;
- Assisting in the establishment and maintenance of the relationship with national, regional and international organizations, institutions and agencies;
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a register of Clean Development Mechanism projects;
- Assisting in the promotion and cooperation in the development, application and diffusion, including transfer of technologies, practices and processes that control or affect climate change in all the relevant sectors;
- Participating in guiding on the education, training and public awareness programmes on climate change;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.