THE REPUBLIC OF UGANDA
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill available vacancies in Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA). Applications should be filled ON-LINE and submitted not later than Thursday 26th October, 2023. The link to the e- recruitment system can be accessed at http://vacancies.psc.go.ug/ors.
Applicants are advised to: -
a) Apply ON-LINE.
b) Scan and submit relevant documents (O’ Level, A’ Level, and Degree Transcripts and Certificates) on-line.
c) Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and only portable documents format (PDF) is allowed.
d) Officers serving in the Public Service including KCCA are required to print an Extract copy of PS Form 3 (2008) and obtain recommendation from the Responsible Officers. Scan the recommendation together with the rest of the documents and submit online. Where the Responsible Officer is reluctant or declines to provide a recommendation, the applicant should clearly indicate the reason on the extract of PSC Form 3 (2008) and submit it online.
i) Visit the website
ii) Click on “register as a new user” to create your account and complete your profile starting with the Bio data moving downwards.
iii) If you already have an account, simply click on your right and update your profile.
iv) Click a Job from the list of advertised jobs in the menu.
v) View the Job Details and Click “Apply now”
vi) Review your application and SUBMIT.
NB. Applicants are allowed to apply for only one post
Please Note: -
a) Only applications On-line will be considered.
b) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
c) Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring along their original certificates, transcripts and letters of employment, National Identity Cards, Letters of Referees during the Oral Interviews.
The Job Descriptions and Person Specifications as well as other details about the Jobs can be accessed and viewed on the PSC Website
e) The Commission Adverts are ONLY uploaded on the e-recruitment system under the website stated in (d) above and not any other platforms.
f) In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. 0414254271 or 0414342279 or e-mail
Applicants should have the following Core Competencies:
- Public Sector Management, Results Orientation, Ethics and Integrity, Interpersonal, Communication and Computer Skills, Ability to Adapt to Multi Cultural Settings, Innovation, Concern for Quality, Standards and Technical Competence, Records Management Skills, Mobilization Skills, Ability to Coach Subordinates and Report Writing Skills.
- Strategic Thinking, Negotiation Skills, Team Building, Conflict Management, Problem Solving, Change Management, Research and Project Management Skills.
- Preparing environmental and waste management work plans and budgets and providing accountabilities as per the Authority objectives;
- Coordinating the implementation of environment and solid waste management chain programs in the Authority;
- Designing technical and non-technical measures to enhance solid waste management chain;
- Liaising with key stakeholders and development partners in formulating solid waste programs and projects in the city;
- Liaising with stakeholders in the development, implementation and monitoring of environment management programmes and alternative production and energy technologies;
- Preparing and submitting timely progress reports on environment and solid waste management;
- Developing and implementing a system for monitoring the implementation of environmental and wetland protection policies and plans in line with statutory guidelines;
- Developing and writing project proposals for funding environmental issues in the City;
- Developing and supervising the development and maintenance of environmental management information system in line with established requirements;
- Coordinating the operations of private and public environment management organizations in line with environmental monitoring tools and statutory guidelines;
- Developing and supervising environmental audits and environmental impact assessments in accordance with established best practice;
- Giving technical guidance to the Authority in the area of environmental health management;
- Developing and implementing staff development programmes in line with KCCA policies and procedures;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.